Click the title for the full post

Movie: Paranormal Activity

Monday, February 1, 2010 , Posted by Jz at 12:00 AM

Short talk:123

Dad brought me for a hair cut today. Surprisingly, not bad, not as what I though it would be, or it used to be. LOL

 

 

I heard that this movie is awesome and scary, so I bought the DVD. After my family watched it without waiting for me to come back from party yesterday, I watched it alone today, and prepared to be scared.

 

 

“Paranormal Activity is one of the scariest movies of all time.”

“Nightmares are guaranteed.”

“Bla bla”

 

Before that, shall we watch the official trailer of Paranormal Activity?

 

 

This movie earned about $140 million++ at US box office. Look at the long queue in Hollywood. This made me wondered that:

 

Did Americans ever watch a ghost movie actually?

 

How could them be scared by movie like this!? “Paranormal Activity is one of the scariest movies of all time.” Seriously, say that again after watching ghost movies from Thailand.

 

“Nightmares are guaranteed.” Please, how can I have nightmares when I didn’t actually see a shit? Unless you want me to be scared by turning the lights on and off or moving my bed sheet.

 

“Don’t see it alone.” I just did it and I know why. Because I almost fell asleep.

Currently have 6 comments:

  1. chris_lim says:

    Haha I watched with my 39 year old cousin in my kampung around 1 am. I thought it was lame but it made my cousin jumped when the guy flew to the camera part.

  1. Anonymous says:

    I've been looking all the comments about Paranormal Activity ain't nothing but a lame shit non scary movie, a lot of people even said Thai, Japan movie are even scarier than this lame movie. Now tell me, which ghost pop out with sound effect in real life? Paranormal Activity is all about real life experience, if things happen to you just the way the movie were shown wouldn't you freak out as well? All I can say is people watch too much man made horror movie, mixed up the ghost in the movie with real life.

  1. chris_lim says:

    Anon, if u wan ghost in real life, go find one in real life. If u want cinematic ghost movie, go to a cinema. You're the 1 mixing movie and real life.

  1. Jz says:

    Chris:
    At least the flying part is really cool LOL I wonder how they made it.

    Anonymous:
    I must say that I'd be scared if those happened to me, and yes, in real life no ghost pops up with sound effect.

    But then, what's the real purpose of a ghost movie? To tell us true stories? To let us know about the ghosts? No, they're not documentary movies in Discovery Channel, they only serve one purpose, to scare people, so, the more scarier it is, the more successful it is.

    Maybe we have different perspectives on ghost movie then. =P

  1. Anonymous says:

    Jz:
    Paranormal activity is more to a documentary film rather than horror film in term of the way they shot the movie. Many people confuse with the genre & they did show up at cinema just because to earn some bucks. Fyi, the promotion material also to confuse consumer to watch the movie. So you might end up unsatisfied of what they show you before (trailer, poster) & after.

    Yeah, maybe we have different perspectives but I do respect your opinion toward mine & yours. One last thing, can you update your blog often because I'm a loyal reader of yours, can't live through the day with reading your post.

    Chris:
    What I'm trying to say is the perception of everyone toward the movie, people are getting use of horror movie with scary image and sound effect. Just because Paranormal activity doesn't have the same material as common horror movie, people often categorize them as lame movie. If you don't agree then it's alright, everybody have they point of view.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Jz:
    can't live through the day "without" reading your post, sorry typo error.